Context

Context of North Leith, church Lands, &c : charter, by Queen Mary, 1566, upon the 22d of March 1566, Queen Mary granted a charter, confirming and disponing to the bailies and community of the burgh of Canongate, inter alia, "All and sundry chapels, lands, tenements, buildings, and annualrents of the same, tofts, crofts, yards, yearly payments, and all others belonging to the chapels and pertinents within the liberty of the north side of the water of Leith, commonly called Rudeside : as also especially the chapels built there, called St. Ninian's Chapel, lying at the end of the bridge thereof, and the chapel called St. Nicholas' Chapel, with their pertinents, &c."
Processing Feedback ...